If you’re looking for the Best Blu Ray Player for Streaming specifically, then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve done the research for you and come out with our Top 5 picks below. In summary, and unsurprisingly, Sony has dominated our choices given they are the undisputed leaders in Blu Ray players and have been for some time. Coming in at #1 for us is the Sony BDP-S6700 which offers value for money and easily the best streaming experience with it. But there are other options below that are also suitable depending on what you’re looking for and your budget. All of these offer streaming as well as the normal blu ray disc capabilities you would expect. If you have a budget and don’t want to spend too much, then the Sony UBP-X700 is the way to go (pick #2). If you don’t mind spending and are looking for a premium player with excellent aesthetics as well as quality, then the Sony UBP-X1100ES is your choice.
Top 5 Best Blu Ray Players For Streaming
- Our Choice and Best Option – Sony BDP-S6700
- Best Value Option – Sony UBP-X700
- Best Premium Option – Sony UBP-X1100ES
- Best Design – Sony UBP-X800M2
- Best 1080 Player Option – Sony BDPS3700
1. Sony BDP-S6700 (Our Choice and Best Option )
Verdict: This is our top pick of the best Blu Ray player for a wireless streaming experience. This offers built in wifi, Dolby Audio and everything loads super quick. Good price for what you get, as this is one you can buy and not worry about things missing. The 4K upscaling chip has been designed to enhance the image quality of both the Blu-ray and online content, bringing every scene closer to the rich, natural detail of 4K. An excellent choice.
- Excellent streaming experience
- Wifi and Dolby Audio
- Loads apps super quick
- Great price for what you get
- Size is a bit big but manageable
2. Sony UBP-X700 (Best Value Option)
Verdict: Very reasonable price for what you get and a solid performance overall too, the UBP-X700 doesn’t disappoint with all the features you get from some of the premium options by Sony. A great choice for someone looking for a well priced Blu Ray player with excellent streaming features, wifi, with Dolby Vision support and HDR10 support offered too.
- Offers similar performance, but has better features than the Sony X800
- Range of streaming options available
- Well priced for features provided
- Dolby Vision support offered and HDR10 support
- Sound could be better at times.
3. Sony UBP-X1100ES (Best Premium Option)
Verdict: For those looking for something that offers the full service feature list for a Blu Ray player, then this premium blu ray player is for you, with excellent features for the price. With fast, stable built-in Wi-Fi, you can wirelessly access your favorite streaming apps and services including Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime & various others. If money is not an option, and you just want high quality then this is it.
- Excellent 4K quality picture
- Brilliant sound quality
- Offers support on all disc types
- Expensive for those looking for something cheaper.
- No HDR10+ support
4. Sony UBP-X800M2 (Best Design)
Verdict: The cheaper UBP-X700 offers a better deal to us for what you get vs this X800M2 model, but this is still an excellent Blu Ray player. It is expensive and has that extra shine on it that shows it’s a premium product if design is what you’re looking for, but otherwise the functionality is similar to the X700 with excellent video quality and great streaming options. If money is not an issue and you’re looking for something more aesthetically pleasing, then this is for you.
- Design is excellent
- Super quick at loading applications
- Excellent video performance
- Expensive for what you get
- Sometimes slow to load 4K discs
- No Dolby Vision (Sony’s X700 is cheaper and has Dolby Vision)
5. Sony BDPS3700 (Best 1080 Blu Ray player )
Verdict: If you’re looking for something cheap that gets the job done, then this is for you. But just be aware that 1080 picture quality will not give you that 4K resolution that other players have and Dolby Vision. Otherwise this Wi-Fi optimized Blu-ray Disc player with the multi-antenna design and the frontal positioning of the chip module delivers maximum signal strength, so you’ll experience smooth video streaming and responsive browsing. Best of the 1080 options out there.
- Cost wise it is the cheapest out there.
- Offers a lot of good features for the price.
- Screen mirroring capability
- No 4K. Given only 1080, you will miss out on 4K resolution picture quality and Dolby Vision.