Being a gaming enthusiast, you’re always looking for anything that can boost your overall experience. A better graphics card, a better CPU, better sound tech, whatever it is, there’s nothing more exciting that trying it out and seeing the difference it makes. With that said, the RTX 3070 graphics card is one of the most powerful cards out there that can offer an outstanding 1440p gaming response. But to get that, you first need to get a powerful CPU to run the applications needed for a premiere RTX 3070 experience.
Whilst there are ample CPU models out there with different specifications in the market, knowing where to go exactly can be daunting and confusing. This is why we’ve done the hard work for you, and put together this top 5 list of best CPUs for RTX 3070 specifically chosen to give the best experience from your RTX 3070 graphics card.
So to let you enjoy the boundless fun with your games at fast speed, we’ve compiled this list below with extensive research and testing. Find the perfect choice for you within your budget to boost the power of your graphic card and overall gaming experience!
Top 5 Best CPUs For RTX 3070
- Our Top Choice – Intel Core i9-12900K
- Best Value Option – Intel Core i7-12700K
- Good Value Option – Intel Core i5-12600K
- Best Budget Option – AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
- Best Budget Option For Intel – Intel Core i5-10400F
1. Intel Core i9-12900K (Our Top Choice)
Verdict: When it comes to the best CPUs out there, then you can’t go past Intel in our opinion. They are leaders in the space, and their quality and performance is unmatched particularly in handling high workloads simultaneously while playing high-profile games. So unsurprisingly our top choice in the best CPUs for RTX 3070 is the Intel Core i9-12900K CPU. This is a must have for all the passionate gamers looking for the best RTX 3070 experience.
- Build quality: The high quality we find in its architecture consists of 16 cores and 24-Threads to ensure improved power performance with 3.2GHz speed every time.
- Professional graphics: Intel Core i9 features 770 UHD Graphics that support Ryzen 3070 to enhance the visuals.
- Memory: It consists of 30MB of L3 Cache memory that allows access to short-time powerful system performance.
- Excellent architecture
- Affordable price for what you get
- High performance
- Catchy graphics
- Cache memory could be slightly better, but is acceptable.
2. Intel Core i7-12700K (Best Value Option)
Verdict: If you’re looking for the best value option for what you get in a powerful CPU, then the Intel Core i7 is an excellent choice. Having incredible features in a CPU like Intel Core i7 helps your graphics card to enhance its tasks to offer sharp, high-quality visuals to help gamers play with more interest and dedication. This is a great choice for your RTX 3070 graphics card.
- Turbo boost technology: This 3.0 turbo boost technology of Core i7 plays a predominant role in keeping it in the list of best CPUs for 3070 as it lets the desktop carry on with all tasks without making a pause due to high-profile application.
- Processor: You will get a faster speed 12th generation 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) 1700 processor that guarantees improved performance, especially during multitasking operations.
- Threads and Cores: Cores are the most vital part of CPUs, and threads, the supporting ones, should be multiple enough to run high-power applications and tasks well. It consists of a total of 12 cores and 20 threads that can highly stimulate the performance of your desktop.
- UHD 770 Graphics
- Powerful 12th Gen processor
- PCIe 4.0 and 5.0 support
- Multiple threads and cores
- Impressive speed
- Can be pricey for some buyers
3. Intel Core i5-12600K (Good Value Option)
Verdict: Another great Intel CPU option is this 12th generation 10-Core processor that efficiently handles all the tasks and runs all the latest, high-end gaming applications without any pause to your system. It doesn’t come with the bells and whistles of the i9 or i7 but gets the job done really well for your RTX 3070 needs.
- Architecture: Core i5 is built with a Hybrid Core design and consists of 10 performance cores to offer high speed for running all the powerful Apps and games without minimizing performance rate.
- UHD Graphics: The high-quality visuals of games appear excellently due to its integrated Intel UHD 770 Graphics quality with 3840 x 2160 to 7680 x 4320 resolutions.
- Deep Learning Boost: Accompanying a 4.9 GHz Turbo boost that offers more reliable and improved performance while dealing with immense workloads.
- 3.0 Accelerate for quiet performance and clear visuals
- Dual channel DDR5 Memory
- Powerful hybrid design
- Sharp graphics
- 128 GB RAM
- The low number of cores
- CPU Cooler not included
4. AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (Best Budget Option)
Verdict: The fourth option on our list is the first by AMD and also one of the best CPUs for RTX 3070, having the power to let you play the most high demanding games while enjoying perfect visuals and hindrance-free performance on your desktop screen. An incredibly popular option for those looking at something outside Intel, at an affordable price.
- Boost technology: Avail of the 4.6 GHz Max Boost with an extended 35 MB DDR4 memory that helps you enjoy multitasking at a high pace.
- Cores and Threads: The 1:2 ratio (6 cores and 12 threads) allows further performance improvement to perform all operations and calculations more efficiently.
- AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler: You don’t need to purchase a cooler separately as AMD Ryzen 5 5600X accompanies it in a box for a secured and quiet processing experience.
- Accompany a high-quality cooler
- Large cache memory
- Effective speed
- Multiple cores
- Not as powerful as the Intel options
5. Intel Core i5-10400F (Best Budget Option For Intel)
Verdict: And our final choice rounding out the best CPU for GTX 3070 is another by Intel, with its i5-10400F. This is our pick of the budget options for Intel allowing you to enjoy a pause-free gaming experience. It is an affordable system that performs well with every application or game utilizing an RTX 3070 card.
- Processor: To deal with the advanced upgrades and applications, its 10th Generation processor has extensive capability.
- Visuals: Enjoy playing games and watching movies with the sharp visuals supported by its high-resolution graphics.
- Cache Memory: Now, you can work on multiple applications at once by the grace of its smart 12MB cache memory that doesn’t let the desktop slows down.
- Efficient professor
- Smart 12 MB cache
- It suits most the budgets
- The best option for newbies
- Only six cores
- Less speed compared to others
All the choices we’ve listed above satisfy the requirements for the Best CPUs for 3070 that can enhance the graphical response required for your gaming experience, while dealing with multitasking performance at a higher pace.
So, kick up your graphic cards power with the right purchase, play with the visuals, and be ready to enjoy a brilliant gaming experience!