Fishing is one of the most loved hobbies for people young and old. And whilst some are pro anglers and have it all under control, many others are looking for ways of improving their fishing experience. That’s where drones have come in. Drones fishing is a popular, thrilling new fishing style that utilizes the latest drone technology to allow you to land that perfect catch. Whether you are in a boat or on dry land, drone fishing can help you become a master angler in no time!
Having the right drone equipment is essential for making your fishing adventure fruitful and enjoyable. Drones have a particularly strong lens that can detect the right spot for you to target, and we have gone through an extensive list of products to come up with our Top 5 Best Drones for Fishing for every budget.
Top 5 Best Drones For Fishing
- Best Overall – DJI Mavic Air Fly Combo Drone
- Best Rated Option – DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
- Best Premium Option – SwellPRO SplashDrone 4 Multi-Functional Waterproof Drone
- Best Value Option – DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone
- Best Budget Option – 3DR Solo Quadcopter
1. DJI Mavic Air Fly Combo Drone (Best Overall)
Verdict: This is without question the best drone for fishing in our opinion. The DJI Mavic Air Fly is truly an all-rounder drone, high in demand due to its high-profile video quality, excellent memory, superior lens and sensor and overall brilliant visual performance to enhance your fishing and flying experience.
- Lens and Sensor: A perfect vision of your target is provided by ½.3″ 12MP camera CMOS sensor, accompanying an f/2.8 lens to shoot in high-quality, even from far distances.
- High memory: You can have bundles of the shoot with your DJI Mavic Air Fly without stressing over memory filled up, as a 64GB SD Card is more than enough for your multiple fishing trips.
- Brilliant resolution: Enjoy finding your perfect hunt spots with its ultra HD 4K videos at 30FPS.
- Maximum stability: It features a 3-axis mechanical gimbal that reduces loads and offers camera stability for a steady shoot.
- Includes battery and great memory SD Card
- 4K Videos at 100Mb/s
- 3-axis Gimbal 12MP Camera
- Maximum 43mph of speed
- Object tracking modes
- Honestly nothing really we could find. It doesn’t allow 60FPS Videos but for us that really isn’t an issue.
2. DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (Best Rated Option)
Verdict: DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is an exceptional piece of work and unsurprisingly the best rated drone on the market from those that have used it. It is considered by many to be the best drone in the market over the past few years and has grabbed maximum attention from fishing lovers due to its quality features including its 20MP camera, video processing capabilities and amazing flight performance achieved through its smart sensors. Yes this is slightly on the pricier end, but it is worth every dollar when you see the quality it has to offer.
- Rigid construction: Despite having a sturdy construction of Titanium and Magnesium alloy, it is made lightweight to offer perfect control.
- Quality Features: The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 camera drone comes equipped with a 3-axis motorized gimbal and a 1-inch 20MP CMOS sensor with a mechanical shutter that eliminates rolling shutter distortion.
- Convenient: The standard controller features a smartphone holder. You will need to install the DJI GO 4 App on your phone to fly your drone.
- Great Flight Performance: The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is a beast when it comes to flight performance. It has a maximum flight speed of 72 kph and an 8km transmission range with 1080p livestreaming and automatic frequency switching thanks to OcuSync 2.0.
- Camera: To offer a clearer vision, it has a 1-inch, 20MP camera that allows video processing of 4K videos up to 30FPS and 60FPS.
- Smart sensors: Ensuring a protective flight, it accompanies dual rear vision sensors and five-directional infrared sensing to avoid obstacles and hindrances. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 offers Intelligent Flight Modes such as TapFly, ActiveTrack, Draw mode, Gesture mode, and more. Draw lets you control the flight path with a fixed altitude simply by creating a route on the screen.
- Battery: Phantom 4 PRO offers a long-time 30 minutes flight time due to its ultra-powerful 5870mAh battery.
- 4.3 maximum mile range
- Five-directional obstacle sensors
- 4K HD video resolution
- Sturdy construction
- Powerful battery
- Great Flight Performance
- Couldn’t find anything we disliked about this drone. It is on the pricier end, but worth it for what you get.
3. SwellPRO SplashDrone 4 Multi-Functional Waterproof Drone (Best Premium Option)
Verdict: The third position and best premium option on our list is this multi-functional waterproof drone by SwellPro featuring the most powerful features to offer the ultimate flight experience and high-quality shoots for a longer time. The SwellPro SplashDrone 4 is an amazing piece of tech worth its price for those looking for an excellent waterproof option.
- Waterproof system: Don’t worry about the water spilling over your drone or its remote as both are highly waterproof, having an IP67 waterproof body and IP66 remote control.
- Camera: Features a high-quality GC3-S 3-Axis Gimbal 4K Camera that lets you get perfect footage of the sea to find the right platform of your targets with ease where you can throw your net.
- Wide range and others: It can reach up to 5km to find the spot. Furthermore, its automatic power flip, high-powered battery, real-time tracking system, and easy-to-clean systems are impressive features.
- Waterproof body and remote
- 1-year warranty
- Real-time tracker
- Built-in GPS
- 8-hour of battery life
- Pricey, but worth it for the quality you get
4. DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone (Best Value Option)
Verdict: Another great drone by DJI Mavic, this DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone offers the viewer a powerful shooting experience with its hyperlapse feature offering time lapse a particular highlight. It offers a more focused and sharp visual effect to detect the points more accurately via its Dolly Zoom function. This is the best value option on our list.
- Hyperlapse feature: Try the latest feature of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone that allows you to fly your system at multiple speeds despite creating time-lapse videos to get the most precise details.
- Dolly Zoom: Dolly zoom automatically focuses on the target during flying to prepare brilliant and aesthetic shoots with its 12MP sensor and up to 48MP super-resolution.
- Ample Memory: You can prepare beautiful and longer videos with 44MPH of speed without stressing over the memory as it is equipped with 8GB of internal memory with an SD Card support capacity of up to 128GB.
- All in one box-nothings needs to be purchased separately
- Omni-directional obstacle sensing
- Low-noise flying
- Four-times zoom
- Hyperlapse and 31 minutes of flight time
- High-resolution videos can signal out of storage (if SD Card is not inserted)
- The range could have been slightly better, but its still sufficient especially for this pricing point.
5. 3DR Solo Quadcopter (Best Budget Option)
Verdict: Our best budget option in the list of best drones for fishing is this extremely affordable, easy to use, drone for beginners who want to avail of the easy-to-fly drone with smart shots technology.
- Intuitive Controls: You can enjoy flying to the extreme while having all the controls at your fingertips. Every feature is only a distance of single touch of a button, including stop/start/snap.
- HD Streaming: It features a 3-axis Gimbal to provide a highly stable, pro flying experience while performing wireless HD Streaming of beautiful sceneries.
- Best Connectivity: Connect your 3DR Solo best drone for fishing to your Android or iOS Smartphones to transfer all the footage automatically from almost half a mile and make it easy to save & share with your friends and fans.
- Great price for a quality drone
- Vivid HD photos
- Mobile App controls
- 3-axis stabilizer for a safe flight
- Doesn’t include a remote controller
- Not recommended for professional anglers, just beginners starting out who don’t need the bells and whistles of a more premium option
Overall depending on your budget and what you’re looking for in its features, you will find something that you like in the list we have provided above. We have researched multiple different drones for fishing, and feel these are the pick of the lot in terms of what they offer for the pricing points.