For all of you home crafters out there looking for a good laptop to meet your Cricut needs, you’ve come to the right place. For us, we have looked at all the options out there and nominated these 5 options below based on display quality, the right memory (atleast 4GB Ram), and strong battery life. As a cricut maker, you want to make sure you have a powerful enough laptop to be able to process the graphics you’re creating without crashing, but also have high quality graphics cards in order to really capture designs in a way that brings them to life on your computer. Below you’ll find our Top 5 Best Laptops For A Cricut Maker, with our personal favourites the Dell XPS 15 and MacBook Pro 14-Inch standouts.
Top 5 Best Laptops For Cricut Maker
- Our Top Choice – Dell XPS 15
- Best Premium Option – MacBook Pro 14-Inch (M1, 2021)
- Best Budget Option – Acer Aspire 5
- Best Value Option – Lenovo IdeaPad 3i
- Good Value Option – ASUS VivoBook S14
1. Dell XPS 15 (Our Top Choice)
Verdict: Our top choice is the Dell XPS 15 model which is a stand out and offers the most convincing features for Cricut users that not only allows them to create complex and intricate designs for their cricut applications, but also let’s them enjoy this laptop for other uses in gaming, video creating, photo editing. This is a laptop for all purposes and one of the favourites amongst users.
- CPU & Operating system: Due to its 12th Generation Core i7-12700H and Windows 11 operating system, this model is much in demand nowadays because both these fit excellently with the modern requirements of all applications and games.
- Display: To pour out sharp visuals of your designs, it has provided a 15 inches and 60Hz Touch OLED display.
- RAM: You only need a 4GB Ram to run your applications, but what if you get 3-folds more? With its 16GB RAM system, you can speedily run multiple programs and applications at once.
- Wide Connectivity: It offers multiple options to let you transfer data from anywhere. It includes SD CARD, USB-C, Audio jack, 4x 2-thunderbolts, etc.
- Wide connectivity
- 512GB large memory
- Large and bright OLED screen size
- Multiple connectivity features
- Slightly expensive
- Lacks USB-A connectivity port
2. MacBook Pro 14-Inch (M1, 2021) (Best Premium Option)
Verdict: The winner of the best premium option in the list is the MacBook Pro Laptop due to its incredible display, powerful efficiency, and long-lasting battery support all features desired by Cricut makers. This is an incredibly powerful computer that has an incredible HD camera with it and although it is slightly on the higher end for price, it is worth it given the exceptional quality and reliability. An excellent choice.
- Classic Performance: The high-class performance of this laptop is mainly due to the power of its 10-core CPU, 16GB RAM with Mac OS operating system that makes it 3.7x faster than other laptops while improving its learning capability side-by-side.
- Battery & Display: Enjoy watching movies or ease with your designing on its large 14.2 Liquid Retina Display for a long time by its 17 hours of battery life.
- HD Camera: You will fall in love with this another best laptop for Cricut design space 2021 due to its 1080p FaceTime HD Camera that delivers high-quality results with a six-speaker sound system.
- 32-core GPU for an 11x faster learning experience
- 8TB SSD storage
- Excellent battery life
- Sharp and clear video calls
- A pricey laptop
- Lacks Type-A USB port
3. Acer Aspire 5 (Best Budget Option)
Verdict: Our best budget option on the list is the Acer Aspire 5 which offers all the features Cricut makers look for in excellent visuals and graphics, quality HD, and extended battery life. The Acer Aspire slim notebook will not disappoint and is an excellent choice for those looking for something cheaper.
- Impressive Battery life: The battery can run for 10 hours continuously after 100% charge for a highly relaxing working experience.
- Visuals: Such rich visuals you get from its fantastic 15.6inches full HD Display and 16:9 aspect ratio. Its Alexa Show Mode helps you enjoy your work or videos on full-screen.
- Highly Secured: Your security is much of a concern that Acer Aspire 5 fulfills it to a significant extent with its biometric fingerprint reader, Windows Hello sign-in options, and multiple built-in advanced security features in Windows 11.
- Extended battery life
- Protection against malicious software
- Rich HD screen display
- Backlit keyboard
- One-year limited warranty
- 4GB RAM is not suitable to execute multiple programs at the same time
4. Lenovo IdeaPad 3i (Best Value option)
Verdict: Lenovo IdeaPad 3i is the best value option on our list of best laptop for Cricut design space 2021. Equipped with an impressive processor, excellent RAM and display, and the ability to smoothly run multiple browser tabs and applications without a pause at once, makes this a top value option given its price.
- Hard Drive: With the impressive Intel Pentium Gold 2.00 GHz powerful processor, you can store ample data in your laptop by the grace of its superb 1TB M.2 Solid State Drive.
- Display: Be the master of your skill by working on its extra-large 15.6″ Full HD Display with a high resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- Performance: Its 20GB memory never lets it fail while performing any task and maintains consistency every time.
- Battery: You don’t need to stress over charging your laptop regularly as its 45WH three cell Lithium battery gives 8 hours capacity that is enough to be your companion for a long-time.
- Windows 11 and Intel UHD Graphics video
- High-resolution display
- Multiple ports for wide connectivity
- 8 hours of battery life
- Non-Touch Display
- Lacks backlit on keyboard
5. ASUS VivoBook S14 (Good Value Option)
Verdict: Rounding out our top 5 choices for the the best computer for Cricut is the ASUS VivoBook S14, which impresses with its powerful processor and is the most portable with its lightweight construction. We love its wide screen display, especially for cricut making, and given the price this is a great value option for those looking to begin with a slightly cheaper laptop with excellent quality features.
- CPU and system: At such low prices, it offers the latest 11th generation Core i5 processor for the fast speed. Its Windows 10 is more than enough for the compatibility of your designs and thousands of applications.
- Keyboard: Your late-night work can never get stopped because of the backlit keyboard that always keeps the laptop bright.
- Wide Screen: Create your designs with more precision and concentration on its 14” screen display and 178° wide viewing angle.
- Extremely lightweight
- Backlit keyboard
- Fingerprint sensor
- Not a pricey laptop
- 8GB RAM is not enough to run all 3D Applications
You can’t go wrong with any of our top 5 picks for the best laptop for Cricut maker, as all are worth their price tag given their outstanding performance, fantastic visual display, and ample memory. Your decision will largely come down to your budget as well as your preference for certain brands over another, but you will not be disappointed with any of these choices.