If you’re looking for the Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 5800x specifically, then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve done the research for you and come out with our Top 5 picks below. In summary, we have looked at the chipset, form factor and CPU socket to determine which is the best option for you.
Although it isn’t one of the flagship processors that AMD is currently offering, the Ryzen 7 5800X is still an excellent CPU that is perfect for gaming, streaming, rendering, and editing. Capable of handling anything you throw at it, the Ryzen 7 5800X will require a powerful motherboard and this is why our Top 5 options below will be exactly what you’re looking for.
Coming in at #1 for us is the ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570 which offers value for money and easily the best motherboard for the Ryzen 7 5800x. We have given you choices according to specific features you’re looking for and price points too. If you have a budget and don’t want to spend too much, then the MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wi-Fi ProSeries is the way to go (pick #2). If you don’t mind spending and are looking for a premium motherboard with excellent features, then the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero is your choice (pick #3).
Top 5 Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 5800x
- Our Top Choice – ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi Motherboard
- Best Budget Option – MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wi-Fi ProSeries Motherboard
- Best Overclocking – ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard
- Best Mini-ITX – GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi Motherboard
- Best Gaming – MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Wi-Fi Motherboard
1. ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi (Our Top Choice)
Verdict: This is our pick of the best Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 out there. This offers a power design combining high-side and low-side MOSFETS and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that AMD’s latest processors demand. Great price for what you get, with wifi included which is a big plus. Excellent choice.
- Power Design. The TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)’s CPU VRM utilizes 12+2 Dr. MOS power stages that combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that AMD’s latest processors demand.
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- DUAL PCIE 4.0 M.2. slots support up to type 22110 and provide NVMe SSD RAID support for an incredible performance boost.
- TUF Protection. Asus Safeslot & TUF LANGuard provide military-grade protection for your PCIe slot and LAN
- Wifi included which is a big plus
- Debug LEDs included
- Excellent price for what you get
- No front panel USB port which would have made it flawless. Otherwise we absolutely love this motherboard.
2. MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wi-Fi ProSeries (Best Budget option)
Verdict: Very reasonable price for what you get and solid performance in a motherboard. A great choice for someone looking for a well priced motherboard with excellent features, that is aesthetically pleasing.
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4400 MHz)
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
- Core Boost technology combines optimized power circuit layouts and digital power regulation which allows for precise and steady current delivery to the CPU
- AUDIO BOOST rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
- Premium Thermal Solution: Heatsink thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper
- Flash BIOS Button lets users flash the BIOS even without a CPU or memory
- Excellent price if you’re looking for a budget option that gets the job done.
- Aesthetically pleasing with its design
- Relatively simple bios overclocking
- Power delivery is not as good as the premium motherboards
- No software-based overclocking features
3. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (Best Overclocking Option)
Verdict: For those looking for something that offers the full service feature list for a motherboard, then this premium motherboard by ASUS is for you, with excellent features for the price. If money is not an option, and you just want high quality then this is it, with an aesthetically pleasing design, multiple options for storage and plenty of high-performance connectivity options. Excellent choice.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors
- Comprehensive thermal design: Passive chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsinks and ROG Water Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution 14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance connectivity: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- Aesthetically pleasing with its design
- Multiple options for storage
- Lots of high-performance connectivity options
- Price is on the higher side if you’re looking for a cheaper option.
- Fewer M.2. slots
4. GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi ( Best Mini-ITX Option)
Verdict: This motherboard from GIGABYTE is an excellent choice for those looking for an option for smaller sized PC builds. This is expensive and has that extra shine on it that shows it’s a premium product if design is what you’re looking for. Built-in wifi adaptor is excellent and if money isn’t an option and you want a slick design, then this is for you.
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Direct 8 phase infineon digital VRM solution with 70A power stage
- Extended VRM heatsink and 5W/MK thermal pad
- Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2
- Excellent choice for smaller sized PC
- Aesthetically beautiful design
- Built-in wifi adaptor
- Expensive for those looking for something cheaper, but premium features means you pay for this quality
- Minimal amount of I/O ports on offer
5. MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Wi-Fi (Best Gaming Option)
Verdict: This is an excellent motherboard option for gamers with a big range of software utilities on offer. Also a premium thermal solution built for high-performance that you would expect in a gaming motherboard. A great price for what you get.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5000 Series, 5000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 3000 Series, 3000 G-Series, 2000 Series and 2000 G-Series desktop processors
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 5100(OC) MHz
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop works
- 5G LAN and Intel Wi-Fi 6E Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- Lightning M.2: Running at PCIe Gen4 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
- AUDIO BOOST 5: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- Multi-GPU: With Steel armor PCIe slots. Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire
- Great price point for what you get
- Premium thermal solution on offer and efficiency
- Big range of software utilities on offer
- Minimal M.2. slots on offer