Daylight viewing can be really frustrating! The light dims your screen’s brightness to the point you can’t see anything anymore and won’t let you enjoy your huge screen to the fullest! However, with the best projectors designed for daylight viewing, those issues go away! These five projectors won’t let the surrounding light impact your visuals and will offer greater than average brightness in any light conditions. What’s more, they also improve clearance, sharpness, and contrast levels to provide the very best viewing experience.
They are also highly portable and easy to set up anywhere – including at the office or a friend’s house for the weekend.
So, we’ve reviewed the top five best projectors for daylight viewing which are most in demand. Keep reading to see which one is perfect for your needs!
Top 5 Best Projectors For Daylight
- Best Overall – Epson Home Cinema 3800 Projector
- Second Best Option – Optoma UHD38 Projector
- Best Premium Option – Epson Home Cinema 4010 Projector
- Best Value Option – ViewSonic PX703HD Projector
- Best Budget Option – BenQ TH685 Projector
1. Epson Home Cinema 3800 Projector (Best Overall)
Verdict: This is without question the best projector for daylight in our opinion. The exceptional home theatre experience created by the K-PRO UHD projection technology of the Epson 3800 projector is unrivalled. It allows high-resolution processing, precise controls, optimum brightness, and real-time digital video processing. A must have for anyone looking for a daylight projector that provides the ultimate viewing experience.
- Rich brightness: You will have an exceptionally bright viewing experience thanks to its 3000 lumens across both white and colorful screens with a high contrast ratio for detailed black visuals.
- Precision lens: This projector comes with a multi-element precision glass lens which enhances image clarity and edge-to-edge focus for amazing sharpness.
- 3D COMPATIBLE: Its active 3D Glasses function well and enable you to play high-profile games and watch 3D Movies with stabilized visual effects.
- Support system: It offers full HDMI 2.0 support for all color formats and depth compatibility in addition to its Bluetooth feature which lets you connect the projector to a sound system.
- 150” projection
- 3000 lumens of brightness
- Quick setup guide
- 3D Support
- Digital video processing
- Pixel-shifting technology
- Honestly nothing. We couldn’t find a reason we didn’t like this projector.
2. Optoma UHD38 Projector (Second Best Option)
Verdict: For those that want something a little cheaper than the Epson, then this could be for you. This projector will turn your home into a cinema with its high-quality 4K Ultra HD display. Its build quality and features are quite impressive, and you can expect to get ten years of loyal service out of this sturdy projector.
- Dynamic Black Technology:
- An advanced technology that visualizes finer details in dark scenes by providing more depth for a high 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, plus clearer and sharper bright scenes.
- Extensive connectivity: With its HDMI 2.0 and 4K, HDCP 2.2, USB, and VGA support, you can connect your smartphones, PCs, laptops, streaming and gaming devices, and many others to your Optoma UHD38 to enjoy any video from any device.
- Longer life: Up to 15,000 hours of watch time let you enjoy video on a big screen for many years to come.
- Smooth gaming: You can try its ultra-fast Gaming mode to transfer your gaming passion to a blur-free screen with a response time of 4ms at 1080p and 16ms at the ultra-HD 4K mode.
- 4,000 lumens of brightness
- A True 4K UHD resolution
- 8-segment color wheel
- Reduces eye strain
- Longer lamp life
- Ample connectivity features
- Couldn’t find anything we disliked about this projector. The Epson perhaps has better visual depth in viewing quality, but this is excellent for what it offers too.
3. Epson Home Cinema 4010 Projector (Best Premium Option)
Verdict: Yet another model by Epson, and yet another quality projector. Although we favour the 3800 model more than the 4010 model, this has all the same features we love about the Epson projectors which improve all high-end visual experiences whether it be games, images, or videos. This is absolute quality at a premium price.
- Brightness and black contrast: Epson 4010 features a fantastic 2400 lumens of brightness, so don’t let the daylight interrupt your focus one bit! This is supplemented by a rich black color contrast of up to 200,000:1 that enhances the finest details during dark scenes.
- Resolution Enhancement technology: The projector displays a screen at a high 1280 x 1080p resolution with advanced pixel-shifting technology for exceptional 4K content.
- Balanced view: You will never feel brightness wavering with your Epson Home Cinema 4010 as its 100% balanced brightness technology is there to manage your viewing experience in any light condition.
- 100% Balanced Color and Brightness
- Full UHD 3D modes
- No rainbow effect
- Great warranty
- HDR High Dynamic Range
- Lacks Color wheel
- Fewer brightness lumens
- Pricey relative to the 3800 model
4. ViewSonic PX703HD Projector (Best Value Option)
Verdict: If you are looking for a daylight projector that gets the job done, without the bells and whistles of the more expensive Epson or Optoma brands, then this is a great choice for you. The HD resolution and SuperColor Technology make for an excellent viewing experience that will not disappoint. This is the best value option on our list for what you’re getting in a projector for the price.
- SuperColor technology: It features advanced SuperColor technology that creates beautiful and clear images in any environment.
- Energy saver: ViewSonic comes with a super energy-saver feature that provides an outstanding lamp life of over 15,000 hours.
- HD Resolution: Enjoy your games and movies on its super-huge 300″ screen with a full HD Display on 1920 x 1080p resolution.
- Full 3D compatibility
- Includes 10W speaker
- Reduced input latency
- Sports mode feature
- Easy setup and user-friendly controls
- Excellent price
- Lacks Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
5. BenQ TH685 Projector (Best Budget Option)
Verdict: Our best budget option in the list of best projectors for daylight is this excellent projector by BenQ. BenQ projectors for daylight are heading towards high popularity because of their ultimate warranty support and incredible features that serve users much longer than their competitors at similar pricing points. This is an incredibly affordable projector with its impressive HDR10 technology a particular highlight.
- HDR10 Technology: You can enjoy clearer and sharper visuals in both bright and dark environments as a result of its HDR10 technology
- Audio system: Your BenQ TH685 will accompany a 5-watt treVolo Speaker with an equalizer to offer excellent sound quality.
- Ultimate Gaming Experience: Be ready to have exceptional fun playing your high-end games with low latency game mode and a response time of 8.3ms at 1080p/120Hz.
- Leading warranty: Stay stress-free over multiple years thanks to the provision of a 3-year warranty that is always there to support you whatever the problem.
- 3-year warranty
- Incredible lamp life
- Gaming at 60Hz and 120Hz
- LumiExpert Eye Strain reduction
- 4k UHD HDMI support
- Affordable price tag
- 5-watt speaker power isn’t as good as the 10W speaker power of its competitors. But for the pricing point, this doesn’t really matter.
- Lacks Bluetooth connectivity
We’ve completed our reviews of the top five best projectors for daylight viewing following in-depth research of all competitors. Now, decide which one is best suited to your requirements and budget.